Friday, December 21, 2012

Matthew McCoy 1970-2012

On Monday, December 17th, 2012, the world lost a special soul.  My brother Matt passed away leaving behind a beautiful wife, Dana, and the sweetest, prettiest little daughter, Zelda, only 5 years old.  Matt was special to everyone who knew him, even a stranger was a friend.  He was truly the funniest, happiest, most positive guy I've known.  He will be so missed and Christmas will never be the same without him.  I am posting some of my favorite recent photos of him.  The ones in the snow were of the BEST Christmas of our adult lives.  It snowed on Christmas, an unusual event for North Carolina, and we sledded all day until we were black and blue.  I'll never forget that day!














This photo epitomizes Matt, always laughing, always goofing.  He was so banged up.  I've never laughed harder in my life than when I was with him.  

I'll see you when I get to Heaven, Matt.  Until then.......



6 comments:

  1. My deepest sympathies for your loss of your beloved brother. My heart and prayers go out to you in this sad time. Love to you and your family, Suzie and Rick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzie! That means so much to me. Have a blessed Christmas and hold your loved ones tight.

      Delete
  2. So very sorry for your sadness Michelle. How hard. Matt must've been a very special brother.Praying for your family during this very sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance that you got any shots of me on matts back sledding down the hill? Or any of us at all that day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete