Thursday, January 17, 2013

Tree House 2013

I always thought it would be cool to have my own tree house, however, I never wanted a tree IN my house!  Seriously, only an hour ago we had a giant tree crash into our house taking out our covered patio and roof.  Fortunately none of the living area of our home is damaged, yet.  We are emptying the sunroom/family room as we speak since it's connected and shares the roof of the patio.  It is storming today and they are predicting snow tonight so we need to move all of our furniture and electronics out of this room asap.  Good times!



Well, there goes our view.




I never did like that old ceiling fan.





Here's the other side of the house, that is our sunroom below the tree.






And here is how it started, snapped off above the root system.  Looks like the root ball is still in the ground.


The lights on the lower level is right where Gracie and I were sitting when the tree came down on us.  We had a front row seat, yay!












Well, our insurance man was here within the hour and told us we bought the cadillac of all home insurance plans so other than a $1000 deductible, they can rebuild everything even better than before.
Now I need a job more than ever to pay for this, ugh!

5 comments:

  1. I always wanted a tree house...I guess we can sell firewood to our neighbors for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firewood is expensive; firewood delivered INTO your house is REALLY expensive

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NO!!! What a BIG disaster! Are you all okay? I hope none of you were injured. Tsk! This is going to be a hard and big repair. It seems that part of your house was just newly remodeled because some of the materials, particularly the roof shingle and wood frame, are quite new. Anyway, how does it look now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! That incident was shocking, isn’t it? A month has already passed, and I hope the house is already repaired. It’s sad to hear about this incident, but then with storms, it is expected. I hope you’ll be a lot careful when a new storm hits the town, ‘cause we really can’t predict when a tree will fall on your roof then. I can see that there are lots of them around your vicinity. :)

    -- Lino Kosters

    ReplyDelete
  5. UH-OH! What a mess! This is one of the reasons why I’m afraid to plant trees around my house. I’m scared that it might fall into my lovely roof and get us injured. I hope this damage was already fixed, and you’re already moved on with your normal life. +Conner Spear

    ReplyDelete