Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Signs of Fall


 

Early Tuesday afternoon I was on my computer, sort of day dreaming out of my window when something caught my eye... amber leaves.  They were so beautiful floating high above a sea of millions of green leaves.  Of course, I had to grab my camera.  

I am so excited for Fall.  It's my favorite time of year.  I love the crisp evenings, brisk mornings, and slightly warm, breezy afternoons.  I love chai lattes, warm apple ciders, and pumpkin pie (for breakfast)!  I love wearing jeans, sweaters, boots and scarves: it's my look!  Yes, I'm shallow, and I base my seasonal preference on how I look in my wardrobe.

While I am anticipating my favorite season, check out the next photo and see what we got ourselves into:



We chose our new neighborhood and home based on ALL the trees!  We'd never seen so many trees in a neighborhood before.  Walk our entire property and you can just barely see the sky due to the towering trees.  They're lovely on hot days as they shade our home beautifully.  Every window of our home has views of trees.  You get the picture, we love trees!  

What we've never encountered before however, is Fall in North Carolina.  Our neighbors all dread Fall.  They tell us you can gather leaves ALL day and the next day have to gather just as many, if not more.  We have MILLIONS of leaves!  We are going to be very busy every weekend with our leaves.  Hey, maybe I'll lose weight from all the work.  

I'll post more during and after Fall so you can get the jist of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment