Thursday, November 29, 2012

Our Home: Spring/Summer vs Fall/Winter

I love seasons!  I love to document seasons with my camera.  Look at the immense difference in the lighting on my home.  In the summer we are almost completely shaded from sun up to sun down which is good because it is HOT here, but in the winter we have full sun morning to evening and the interior of my home is much, much brighter.  I look forward to every season here, but they sure make the year fly by.


Below is the view of the sky from my front yard.



Here is the view of sky in winter.  Hard to believe the difference.  Same trees, same view.



Below is late spring, early summer.  Almost all the leaves are full but we can still see the sky at this point of year.  Again, same tree as the first two shots.



Here is our home in June.  So lush and green.



Here is our home in late November.  Full blown sun.  Stark.  But a beauty all unto itself.  We can actually see neighbor's homes and headlights driving at night. 


This post is mostly for my California friends and family but I also love documenting seasons for me!  I didn't have seasons for 44 years so I am in awe of them.  Well, unless you consider brush fire, earthquake, flood and drought, oh and riots, to be seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment