Thursday, July 18, 2013

Summer Art Camp 2013 {Salisbury, NC}

I decided to take on a week of teaching art camp this June to make some side money.  I titled the camp, "Painting a Masterpiece."  I bought canvases and acrylic paints so campers would have a real art piece to take home and proudly hang.  I had a total of 7 students, all under 11 years old, and they kept me on my toes but I am so thrilled with their art that I had to share and brag on them.  


Below is Van Gogh's "Starry Night", painted by Madelynn, age 10.  Can you believe this?  I MAYBE painted like this in college.  This gal is only going into 5th grade.  


This below was painted by Jessica.  She is only a rising 6th grader.  Pretty impressive, huh?


Two campers took on Monet's "Water Lily Pond" and below is a version painted by Leah, only a rising 3rd grader.  Darling, no?



Kaylan (7 yrs old) painted this version of Monet below.  Wouldn't you love to hang this in your home? I sure would.  Did I mention she is only 7 years old???!!!!!



Below is Van Gogh's "Sunflowers" painted by Gray.  He is 6 people!  6!!!!!  Isn't it impressive?  I would SO hang this in my home.  His parents are lucky lucky because in addition to the Sunflowers, they also get to hang Miss Madelynn's Starry Night (image 1).




There were two other students who left before I got a shot of their paintings but I can assure you they were adorable and impressive as well.  These were taken on my iPhone; next time I will have the brains to bring my Nikon.  

I'm looking forward to another art summer camp in June 2014; it'll be here before I know it.

2 comments:

  1. I love art and my favorite medium is watercolor.
    I can't paint or draw but I appreciate the talent and these little guys and gals are talented. Thanks for sharing. This was a joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzie! I did a watercolor camp too but forgot to get photos. I also love watercolors, especially of beautiful roses!!!!!! Love your orange ones you just posted, breathtaking!

      Delete