Monday, June 11, 2012

Homegoods

Don't you love Homegoods?  My mom-in-law turned me onto the one in Seal Beach; we met there often.  Whether your taste is modern, traditional, shabby, they have everything you need for kitchen, bath, bedroom, patio, pets, etc.

My current bedding is chocolate brown and six years old.  I've been casually looking for bedding since I moved in but wanted a good deal, and I didn't want to settle.  I really wanted to love my bedding this time around because so often in the past I settled in order to save money.  My friend found a great new-with-tags Target duvet cover at Goodwill for $20 so I popped in there often to find myself a good deal.  Did you know Target, Kohls, and many other stores send their goods to Goodwill? ( I'll do a Goodwill post later this week, I've scored on clothes for Gracie.)  Although I pop into various Goodwills once a week, I couldn't find new-with-tags bedding, and decided to pass on their array of cigarette stained bedding from the 80s and 90s.

Our master bedroom is rather dark, only two windows which only receive morning sun.  We painted the bedroom a light, warm gray and so to accompany it I wanted white bedding to brighten the room.  I scored at Homegoods this past Friday.  I found a beautiful Calvin Klein king sheet in light warm gray, and the perfect 100% cotton white quilt with tiny gray stitching throughout.  I even found two small pillows to match the quilt.  Oh, and my mom had a white king bedskirt for me, FREE!  I couldn't wait to come home and dress my bed but I washed the sheets first, ironed the bedskirt and even ironed a few pillow cases.  I couldn't believe what a difference the new bedding made.  And my curtains too (see previous post). The bed is so gorgeous in person, again photos don't do it justice, that each time I walk by I want to dive into it.  It's like a spa hotel bed, tranquil and expensive looking.  ALL the bedding was well under $200, including pillows, that is a deal for nice bedding.  Oh, I also got a Cynthia Rowley grey sweater knit throw, included in the price above.


I almost didn't post the photo because the bed is in need of some color AND because it desperately needs  bedside tables.  I'm on the hunt.  The painted curtains went so well that I'm probably going to paint a pillow in a fun, bright color.  I also spied some side tables over the weekend at a consignment store but I will need to paint them white so I'm still deciding on whether I want another project this soon after the curtains.  As soon as the bedroom set is complete, I will do another post to update you.  Also, feel free to leave design advice anytime, I'm always open to ideas.  Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. You got a fantastic look in your bedroom with
    those curtains-worth all the work. Love the mirror over the dresser. The bedding is a wonderful find. I check out HomeGoods every chance I get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suzie! I'm also going to make an upholstered nail studded headboard, I can't wait! I'll post it when I'm done. Hopefully within the month.

    ReplyDelete