Saturday, June 2, 2012

Striped Curtains

www.crateandbarrel.com/decorating-and-accessories/curtains/alston-ivory-grey-curtain-panel

I am obsessed with gray right now.  I painted my master bedroom a light gray and we love it.  Now I need curtains to soften the room.  I originally wanted chevron stripes but could only find 1" or 2" stripes which is not wide enough and would look too busy.  I decided I wanted horizontal stripes but they are very hard to find and very expensive and we are on a budget.  I've seen some cool blogs lately of painted chairs, even painted upholstery, so wondered if you could paint curtains too.  I Googled DIY painted curtains and many, many blogs came up of people who painted stripes on curtains.  Score!  So, I am off now to Ikea for inexpensive curtains.  Instead of spending $100+ on ready made panels, I will spend $24.99 at Ikea today, and I already have the painter's tape and gray paint that I used on our master bed and bath.  I do need to buy a large tarp or two so the paint doesn't bleed through to the surface below, other than that, I'm set to paint curtains.  I will show before and afters this week.  Stay tuned.....

2 comments:

  1. It provides information on how to decorate your room. The information is helpful in choosing the right pattern of curtains alongwith the paint of the room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the knowledge you want to know on curtains and drapes. A must read for housewives to make their abode look glamorous.

      Delete