Tuesday, June 12, 2012

PIZZA!


I have twin five year old boys and their older 8 year old brother arriving in moments that I'm babysitting today so this post will be brief. 
 While I do enjoy making things from scratch, I'm really more of a "semi-homemade" kind of cook.  I was semi-homemade before I even knew who Sandra Lee was and while I appreciate her concept, I just don't dig that gal.  My friend Lori calls me a "food-embellisher."  I guess I sort of am.  One thing I love to embellish is pizza.  The above photo is a "take it and bake it" pizza from Aldi (sort of like a Trader Joe's but not as nice) and it's only $4.99.  This is their Four Cheese pizza but I added sun dried tomatoes, marinated artichoke hearts, red onion and sliced black olives.  I place only black olives in the Gracie section.  I even add a little Parmesan Reggiano to top it off.  Bake for 14 minutes and get ready for bubbling goodness.  It's pretty "homemade" tasting.  (Could I use more quote marks in this article?  Geesh)
Also something I highly recommend is this wooden pizza peel that pizzerias use.  It makes pizza prepping and baking so much easier.  I bought mine years ago at Sur La Table for around $25 and it has been so worth it.  Seriously, you will love it!  I'm including the link below:

¡MangĂ®a!

No comments:

Post a Comment