Monday, June 11, 2012

My Goodwill Finds


I've been shopping at thrift stores since I was a kid.  In college I was buying clothes at Aardvark's and Jet Rag on Melrose before Aaron Spelling ever produced Melrose Place making it a tourist attraction.  But over time as more and more "cool"people started shopping LA thrift stores it became harder to find good quality stuff.  Also, in LA, in order to find anything good, you have to pop in constantly, like my friend Helena who bought a barely used, current pair of Hudson jeans for $7.99 (they retail for $180).  Once Gracie came along I just gave up.  It was just too time consuming to pop into thrift stores with a baby.  But once I moved to NC, I fell in love with Goodwill and a few other thrift stores.  My mom has scored major good finds, often brand new stuff, for give away prices.  It's ridiculous and might I add a little addicting.  

Here are some of my most recent finds:

I just got these pair of Ann Taylor Loft tweed heels for $3.99.  I feel very Kate Middleton in them. 
(not sure why)

This was actually from a yard sale but this 18"Fancy Nancy doll was $2.  She retails for $40 and she was in nearly perfect condition.  She came with 2 outfits AND someone at the sale gave Gracie a silver dollar for being the first kid of the day to arrive so I guess the doll was only $1.  The salon chair was $8. 

This is a Maggie and Zoe dress.  I usually see this brand at Marshalls.  I got this at Goodwill for $2.  It is precious on Gracie and I don't believe it was ever worn prior to her. 

I almost didn't buy this nearly new Gymboree shirt for Gracie because this particular Goodwill is in a ritzy area and wanted $2.79!  The gall.  Anyway, I came to my senses and bought it along with many others.  Darling.  

I love this little tea caddy, only $1.99, and this store Cvan's supports battered women and children.

One of these dolls was full retail at Target (thanks grandma) and one was only $1 at Cvan's.  Gracie just loves her black baby doll and named her Baby Sally immediately.  She's a nice addition to our family.

I'll be posting more fabulous finds as I find them.  Pop into a Goodwill the next time you drive by.  Just don't shop at MY Goodwills!

1 comment: