Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dining Room Set


We sold all of our furniture in California when we moved out east.  Our new home is mostly empty but because of that ugly "B" word, BUDGET, we have to prioritize the furniture most needed.  My mom told me about Damaged Transit Freight, a large furniture warehouse where furniture has been discontinued or slightly dinged or scratched in transit.  Most of it is designer and high end but there are some deals if you pop in often.  We found this gorgeous dining table that came with two leafs for $200!!!!!!  It has a few scratches on top that I filled in with a dark brown Sharpie and I dare you to try to find them in low light.  We also found these gorgeous chairs by Hooker Furniture and were thrilled when we were told that we could purchase them separately from the table they were paired with.  The chairs were a great deal too.  I just love the nickel studs, I'm really into studded furniture right now.  North Carolina really is the furniture capital of the world. (Oh, and on a side note, we just celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary and the modern gift for year 17 is: furniture, and the travel destination: North Carolina!  Coincidence?  I think not.)
The material is a graphite linen, looks warmer in this photograph than in person.  Did I mention how much I love the nickel studs?  I think the chairs were $85 each.

3 comments:

  1. Michelle, I love your table and chairs! They look beautiful in your dinning room. And what a lovely setting with the windows. Your a great shopper. Patience is a virtue and it has paid off for you! We miss you and I look forward to coming out and visiting you some day! :)
    Love, Jen Cox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You scored a great buy! Your dining room has a wow factor. I am a
    sucker for chandeliers. The dining room table has everything that makes me
    happy, the oval shape and the handsome chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jen, thanks Suzie, we love them! Can't wait for you to come visit someday.

    ReplyDelete