Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sweet Gardenias


I LOVE Spring!  The sad part of the spring season is most flowers bloom about a week, maybe two, and then you have to wait an entire year to enjoy them again.  This seems too short to me.  Spring kicked off with azaleas all over my back yard which lasted maybe two weeks, then the rhododendrons bloomed and lasted a week and a half, and now my gardenias are blooming and they are glorious!  I have 14 gardenia bushes out my front door and the fragrance is heaven!  I have made tiny bouquets in my bathrooms and kitchen.  They make me so happy.  Unfortunately they too are dying out which seems so unfair to have to wait an entire year to smell their fragrance again.  At least my hydrangeas are blooming and right under my kitchen window.  They are my very favorite flower so I'm hoping to enjoy them longer than 2 weeks.  Spring is just going by too fast.  What are you enjoying about spring right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment