Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Best Salsa EVER

Growing up in Southern California there is one thing we take for granted and that is you can find good Mexican food anywhere.   I am a salsa and pico de gallo LOVER but never had to make it myself because I had so many choices available to me.  Cut to North Carolina, and while the mexican population is growing, not many have opened restaurants (good ones at least) or sell fresh salsa.  Fortunately for me, my new friend Vicki, a native NC gal who married a mexican man, made the BEST pico de gallo I've ever tasted in my life!  Seriously, I would order it for my last meal.  She shared with me how she made it and 1 hour and a big backache later, I made a large batch myself last week.  It is easy yet time consuming, so much chopping.  I've been dreaming of it each day but not ready to go back to the chopping block.  Yesterday, I received an email from Pioneer Women with a recipe for "Restaurant Style Salsa" that had me salivating and eager to try it.  Very little chopping involved.  I dusted off my Cuisinart Food Processor and dumped in the ingredients and GOAL!!!!  This salsa tastes exactly like the fancy mexican restaurant salsa back home (yes, we have fancy mexican where meals run from $15-30 a plate and SO worth it).  It is marinating now in my frig as we speak.  It was remarkable tonight but will be mind-blowing tomorrow.  I will be dreaming about it all night.  I haven't even told Rob that I made it, I might hoard it for myself.  It's so easy to make, I can let him in on the second batch, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment