Monday, July 16, 2012

Coffee and Cutting 2012

No, this is not a morning support group for teenage girls with self-infliction struggles.  This is a wonderful annual event here in Rowan County called Coffee and Cutting.  Jean opens her garden one day each summer for anyone with an empty bucket and $10 to cut as many flowers as their pail can hold.  She also has a beautiful buffet of morning treats and fresh coffee.  All proceeds go to benefit local animal shelters.  This year she chose an animal shelter in Lexington and the event brought in more than $2300!  That will help a lot of animals.  Her gardens are just beautiful and well loved, not a weed in sight.  I was able to gather enough flowers and filler to make 6 arrangements when I got home.  I will certainly attend again next year, it was a blast!

There were fuzzy, chubby bees galore!  Imagine my fortune and timing to get this shot.


Here is Gracie trying to decide which flower to cut.  Once she got a glimpse of all the bees, she was DONE!  Needless to say, I will be attending the event alone next year.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at the beautiful shot you got of the bee. I try for these shots all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzie, it's a North Carolina thang. There are SO many bees here and in this particular garden were more bees than I've ever seen in my life! They're BIG here too. Cute, fuzzy, buzzy!

      Delete