Saturday, July 14, 2012

Gracie at sunset


Last night after a quick summer storm I grabbed Gracie and my Nikon and we went out into the street where the best sunset lighting was.  Gracie is growing very tired of posing for me so I tricked her and made her laugh and fortunately was able to snap this shot.  I'm so happy with it.  I shot in Apeture because I still am not comfortable shooting in manual, and because there was low light, I bumped up the ISO to 800.  I think the shot looks pretty sharp, no graininess from the higher ISO.  
What do you think?  If this was your child, would you be happy with the outcome?  

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of Gracie. I would be happy with this shot. I often change the ISO because I hate using the flash(inside and out). My camera came with a photo shop and I never use it on my roses. I want to show them as they are, naturally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be a crime to Photoshop roses, huh? Your rose shots are so beautiful.
    Thanks Suzie. I'm going to try to limit Photoshop to blemishes, dark circles, etc. It's going to just take time and practice to get good enough to rarely need editing. M.

    ReplyDelete