Friday, July 13, 2012

Test Shots of Gracie

I recently asked a successful family/children's photographer, whom I greatly admire, how she knew when she was ready to start her own photography business.  She told me to practice, practice, practice, and to really learn my camera.  After awhile, I would know when it was time.  I'm not there yet.  I need to practice on kids other than my own family because kids can be tricky.  They squirm.  They're shy with strangers.  They often don't take simple direction.  In the next few months I'm going to shoot as many kids that I can.  I will be posting shots here and would love your feedback.  And hopefully someday very soon I will be announcing my new photography business.  


Here are some results from today's session.  I love this one!  I shot about 64 shots and really only liked about 3.  In this one I edited out her dark circles, removed a few small scabs on her lips, and cropped it.  





Here's one I decided not to edit other than slight cropping.  I love the softness of it.  And her hair?  Wouldn't you just love to have her hair?  Of course Gracie wants stick straight hair.

I love photographing here in North Carolina.  I only have to go out my front door and beauty abounds.  We will try some sunset shots tonight.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment