Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Gwen at 1

 So here are some results from my 1-year-old portrait session with Gwen.  I had a lot of fun and some of the time Gwen did too!  It's not easy photographing kids, they are unpredictable and become very shy when the camera comes out.  It's up to the photographer, and the mom, to be silly and creative and to  just snap away trusting that there will be some good shots in there somewhere.  Then its home to arrange and edit the best ones, this can take 6+ hours, but of course that is for 13 shots.  It's so rewarding and I can't wait to see them printed and framed in the family's home someday soon.  



 I love the juxtaposition of the girly sweetness against the rusted ol' truck.  Might be my favorite.  I loved their truck too!



Look at this angelic face.  Isn't she the sweetest?




I loved that Gwen's mom, Krista, had her grandma's antique white wicker furniture out on the front porch.  Score for great props!  




Some parents don't like the "crying" shots, but I love them!  They tell a great story.  This photo is completely unedited.  It was just the perfect lighting and camera setting.  Simpatico!  



This was the last shot of the day.  See how relaxed and relieved Gwen is?  She was saying "Bye-Bye" to the annoying lady with the camera.  I also love that you can see my reflection in the glass.  

So overall, I am very happy with the session and more importantly I gained a new little friend!
Thanks Gwen.

5 comments:

  1. Gwen is a cupcake:):) Beautiful and fun photos M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite of Gwen is the black and white shot. I'd frame it and
    put it over the mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Beautiful Michelle!

    But how in the world did you keep that cupcake in tact for the entire session?

    Lynna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fake, Lynna. But Gwen did her best and there are tiny teeth marks all over it. It was her security blanket throughout the shoot. So sweet.

      Delete
  4. Thanks ladies! It means a lot that you took time to compliment my work.

    ReplyDelete