Wednesday, January 1, 2014

And It ALL Started with the Heiligs…… {Rowan County Family Photographer}

Happy New Year 2014!  

I am sorry I haven't posted since October but with good reason.  I've been so busy with Christmas photography portraits that I couldn't find the time nor did I want to ruin anyone's "Christmas card shot."

When my family decided to move to North Carolina I knew I was walking away from my television career but I was excited at the possibility of starting a photography business.  It was a slow go with many of life's detours until…… the Heiligs.  You might say that Melissa Lassiter Heilig changed my life.

Melissa had followed my Facebook photography page for awhile before she realized that I was also her kid's art teacher.  She asked me to do her family portrait and emphasized that she needed shots of her sweet Georgia.  I couldn't wait to get started, you see the Heiligs have amazing eyes!  On the weekend of October 12, 2013, I photographed the photos below and have been shooting non-stop, even on Christmas Eve and beyond, a time of year when photographers are slow.  God is good!

Please enjoy these photos.  They are very special to me, as is this family.


How gorgeous are they?!!!  Now I want a nice portrait of my family.  
(notice the Carolina blue theme?  no hating, Wolf-pack)



This shot was the kid's idea and I just love it!



See what I'm saying about the eyes?!!!  This is sweet Georgia (3).  This post got so many views on FB. 



And this is Lucy, also a beauty!  She is a little love and I receive HUGE hugs from her each time I see her.  



Big brother Jack didn't disappoint either.  Doesn't he look like a Ralph Lauren or Tommy Hilfiger model?  



I edited this one with a vintage feel.  Doesn't she look timeless with that huge bow, curly hair and paisley dress?  Just adorable!



I love this shot of Georgia because she is twirling a little purple flower so it gave a great purple motion blur while keeping focus on her gorgeous eyes.  




Lucy had some great ideas for poses!  I would have never thought of this shot.  Isn't it fun?!!!


This is a nice family shot too.  They chose the sitting shot for the Christmas card which was the right choice but it's nice to see both versions.  


Thank you, Heilig family!  You will always be very special to me!

Keep checking back for more family portraits!  Check me out on Facebook too: Michelle Spieler Photography/Facebook.  

2 comments:

  1. The Heilig's are indeed a very special family. A beautiful family both inside and out!! These are such great photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you captured them! They are beautiful in & out. Love Georgia Grace.

    ReplyDelete