Monday, January 13, 2014

the Phillips {rowan county (and beyond) family photographer}

I was so excited to meet and photograph the Phillips family because they have two young boys, one still a baby, and you all know how much I love the babies!  The Phillips live in Concord so we decided to conduct the shoot at their home; home is a great place to start with young kids because it is familiar and it gives children time to warm up to the photographer.  William and Andrew warmed up to me quickly and honestly I could've stayed and played with them all day, they are ADORABLE!

With younger kids I always like to bang out the "family" shots first and then go into candids.  I told Liza to bribe the kids with candy so in some shots you may be able to detect a colorful Skittle in William's mouth.  Candy ALWAYS does the trick!  I'm not above bribing; don't judge.

Enjoy the Phillips family.  They are gorgeous, sweet, and I thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon with them.


Backyard shot, SO cute!



Precious boys.  Notice the stick in Will's hand.  You will see many sticks throughout this shoot.  With young kids it's helpful if they are holding something, even a small flower, as it gives them something to do and occupies their minds.



Dreamy eyes!  Aww!



After some time at their home, we decided to continue over at a nearby park.  For this shot I whispered in Will's ear to go and tell mommy a secret.  He had just whispered in her ear when I got this shot with their reactions.  



Then I told him to whisper a secret in daddy's ear.  Isn't this reaction great too?  Will was a busy boy.


I always try to get a good B&W in each session, I think they're timeless.  



I adore this.  See the stick?  


Awww!  Happy Boy!



LOVE this little man!  Are you sensing a future Boy Scout?


I almost didn't edit this shot because of the pacifier but this is real life and that's what candid photography is all about, and really this shot is about Liza.  I would've LOVED a closeup like this with my baby.  Isn't she so pretty?!!!!!




I always get this reaction when I'm packing up to go.  Hmmmm……..




Thank you Phillips family for inviting me into your life.  I am honored and privileged to have captured your beautiful family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment