Saturday, January 25, 2014

the Dees family {rowan family photographer}

When the Dees family contacted me for a portrait session I was thrilled!  I love me some Dees kids!  You see, I'm a part time art teacher so many of my clients and their kids are near and dear to my heart.  Also, Meg wanted to shoot at her family home where she grew up on Fulton Street in the historic district.  These homes are stunning and Meg's childhood home did not disappoint, plus we had permission to shoot next door at the Wallace mansion…. SCORE!  It's nice to have permission because many of you know I like to trespass, anything for a good shot.

Enjoy this beautiful family.


Aren't they casual, yet elegant?  It must be a southern quality.


One of my favorite sibling shots ever.  Look at this perfect lighting.  We were blessed with great weather this day.


I had to post this so you can see what happens between shots.  That's when real life happens and this is Maggie!  She is graceful, beautiful and a total NUT!  




Gotta have a "beauty" shot in each session.  Archie is a real cool cat but I'm glad he wasn't too cool to give me relaxed, warm smiles.  Such a sweet guy and quite the dancer.



LOVE this beauty shot of Maggie.  Could work as a head shot for acting.




I'm sensing a great comedic actress coming out of our historic Salisbury someday, aren't you?



Archie blocks a kiss from sis.  Love it!



I mean, why do some people get this amazing skin?  They are glowing.



Some of you already know from my post on FB some time back that this is one of my favorite shots EVER!  I cannot believe my fortune of catching this sweet moment.  That's why I love photography, I get to capture special moments in life and those images live on forever.  It's so much more fulfilling than working in TV.


I hope you enjoyed this peek at the Dees family.  

Jay, Meg, Archie and Maggie, thank you for your warmth and charm.  I got to relive our session all over again while blogging, and that made me happy!

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. I have the in between one framed and on my shelf. It brightens my day every time I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore these! Jay and Meg, I miss you guys so much!

    Love,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete